How it works - all the boring, but important things you need to know: registration, new listings, searching, buying & selling, payment methods, delivery, reviewing, condition of the products
Here you can find useful information about how The 3 TROLLS marketplace works and how to properly rate the condition of the items you want to sell or buy on the platform.
You could easily register a user account via e-mail or with your Facebook account. All users receive a confirmation e-mail in order to activate their account. Please note, that it is mandatory to confirm your registration first, in order to activate your membership account. If you forget to do so, don't worry - we will kindly remind you of this step. No listings are available to buy if you are not a registered user.
POST A NEW LISTING
We realize you want to sell your stuff right now. Our quick listing tool makes selling on the 3 TROLLS a snap. Once you're signed into your account, go to the upper right corner of your screen and hit the "+ Post a new listing" button. Then decide on the category of products you wish to sell. Next you’ll find guidance and tips via filters that will help you list your items fast. Fields that are marked with the symbol * are mandatory information. You know others of your friends that want to sell their board games online, just invite them here.
SEARCH BY KEYWORDS OR LOCATION
Even if you are not a registered user you could browse the marketplace for items you want to buy. Enter key words or a location into the search bar centered at the top of every page on the platform. If you are not sure what you are looking for, use the filters on the left side of your screen to narrow your search. Either way if you want to buy something, you need to sign into your user account first. Don’t have an account yet? It’s easy to set up one here. It takes only a minute.
BUYING AND SELLING
On the 3 TROLLS platform only the seller party pays some kind of fees. Listings and creating an account are free to all participants. You only pay seller fees when your stuff sells, which is 5% of the final price. Please note, that the minimum fixed seller fee is 0.5 EUR. The minimum transaction amount is 3 EUR.
Due to the global pandemic of Covid-19 we rely only on fully online and contactless payments.
Online payments in the 3 TROLLS marketplace are powered by Stripe, allowing the use of debit and credit cards, and of course - by PayPal.
USE YOUR DEBIT OR CREDIT CARD
Buyers on the 3 TROLLS marketplace can pay by credit or debit card. Sellers must configure their account to be able to receive such payments. Sellers need to add their bank account details to receive money from buyers. This is free, happens within the marketplace, takes only a few seconds and enables payments for your listings immediately. To add their bank details, sellers should:
1. Log in their user account in the 3 TROLLS marketplace.
2. From the top bar, go to their user settings.
3. Go to the Payments tab.
4. Possibly select Bank account.
5. Fill the form to add their bank details: their legal name, their country, their address and their bank account number (the format varies based on seller's country).
6. Save their bank details.
That's it! A success message should now be visible and you can now sell in the marketplace and receive money when a transaction happens.
**Is there any risk to add my bank details?
No. The 3 TROLLS doesn't store this data (it is hosted at Stripe) and users will not be charged anything.
**Are buyer payment details stored during a transaction via Stripe?
No. The buyer debit or credit card number isn't stored during a transaction and neither 3TROLLS admin nor sellers could possibly access that information. When buyers pay with their credit/debit card and the transaction is processed by Stripe, their credit/debit card number is not stored. It is not possible for administrators or sellers to charge buyers again as they don't have access to the buyer payment information.
If buyers want to make another transaction, they will have to input their payment details again on the payment page.
WE'VE GOT YOUR BACK
Trust is a big deal when spending money on the internet. With Stripe as our online payment provider, payout to sellers can be held for up to 30 days or until buyers marks transactions as completed. When will sellers receive their money?
Sellers will receive the money when one of the following actions occurs:
1. The transaction is manually marked as completed by the buyer.
2. The transaction is manually marked as completed by a 3 TROLLS admin.
3. The transaction is automatically marked as completed after 30 days and the buyer didn't open a dispute.
**Note that holding funds doesn't apply to the 5% commission received by the 3 TROLLS marketplace.
If you don't have a PayPal account yet, it's easy to set up one. Here you could sign up for free. Sellers who already have a PayPal account could add it from their user settings, from the Payment tab. Once your item sells on the platform via PayPal, all payments are safely and securely handled by PayPal for an additional fee. We chose for our partner PayPal because it has a proven buyer-seller-protection guarantee and is already widely used. If you’ve got an account, great! Just link it to your listing and your buyer will send the money to this account. Be patient, because it may take a little time for your buyer to send payment after purchase.
What happens after my stuff sells on the platform? I still have to ship it out, right? - Naturally! Seller party takes care for packaging and shipping the sold items to their buyers. Shipping costs may be covered by either the seller or the buyer. This is displayed either in the listing itself or discussed via messaging after a transaction started. Users can also sell their items with local pickup in mind - just arrange a pickup time and location with your buyer after they’ve paid for the item. All the arrangements for the delivery happens via messaging between buyer and seller. When a buyer decides on buying an item, they initiate a transaction and need to fill in a delivery address. Be aware that by default the platform takes the physical address of your PayPal account if you linked one. The seller could also reject the transaction during that process before any money is transferred. Sellers are strongly advised to take a good care of all the shipping receipts and other shipping documentation in case of a dispute.
3 TROLLS has a full reputation system to keep everyone honest. After a successful sale every participant in it will be invited to rate the other party and write a review of their experience with the transaction. Please, do not skip this part or be bored if we ask you to provide us with your honest opinion. Community marketplaces are build on trust and expressing openly what you think of something unlike anywhere else is very crucial here. Ratings and reviews is the way how we protect each other from unethical malpractices and fraud.
The 3 TROLLS has a dispute resolution process, just in case. Although 3 TROLLS marketplace is not directly involved in a transaction between a buyer and a seller, we provide a support system in the unlikely event your purchase from a seller does not go as expected. You can use our case system to come to a resolution with the seller in the event of a non-delivery or if an item you received is not as described in the listing. We will provide you with the necessary information and guide you through the steps needed to be taken to open a dispute with the online payment provider. (Click here to open a case.) Depending on the payment method used, members of the 3 TROLLS platform may open a dispute (no later that 30 days after the transaction was initiated and before it is marked as complete) either with PayPal or with their bank regarding a failed or unfair transaction or a fraud.
READY TO EXPERIENCE THE HOBBY YOU DESERVE, BUT YOU HAVE OTHER QUESTIONS? WE ARE HERE TO HELP. WE MAKE SURE YOUR SELLING/BUYING GOES SMOOTHLY. CONTACT US HERE.
You could also send us an e-mail to email@example.com!
CONDITION OF THE PRODUCTS
- Brand new: The item is new, unplayed or unused, in perfect condition with no missing or damaged components. It is either in its original packaging or some components are still unopened. See the seller’s listing for full details.
- Like new: The item looks new but has been used few times. The components have no visible wear. It has no missing or damaged components, no creases or tears. It may has very minimal wear and tear. See the seller’s listing for full details and a description of any minor imperfections.
- Very good: The item does not look new and has been used but is in excellent condition. There is no obvious damage to its components. There are no missing or damaged components, no creases or tears. It may have very minimal wear and tear. See the seller’s listing for full details and a description of any imperfections.
- Good: The item has been used but is in good condition. It has very minimal damage to some components, but no missing ones. The majority of the components is undamaged with minimal wear, creasing or tearing. See the seller’s listing for full details and a description of any imperfections.
- Acceptable: The item has obvious wear. It may have some damaged components but it is still useable (playable). There are no missing components or anything that would compromise the proper use of the item although some spare parts could be not present. See the seller’s listing for full details and a description of any imperfections.
- Heavily used: The item has very obvious wear and/or does not function as intended and is not fully operational. This includes items that are defective in ways that make them difficult to use, items that require repair, or items missing essential components. See the seller’s listing for full details.